By default, adding new events creates a URL alias as defined by pathauto. For Annual Meeting specific events, you'll want to customize that URL to ensure that the Annual Meeting Theme is viewable to users that view that event as opposed to the NSDLRC Community Theme.
To add new Annual Meeting events
- Go to the create a new event page
- Event Title: Type in the name of the event in the 'Event' field
- Date and Time: Add the starting and ending date and times in the 'Event Date and Time' fields.
- The date and time defaults to the current date and time.
- The time will display to the user so be certain to adjust the time.
- If the event is an all day event, change the starting and ending times to reflect that.
- Location: Add the location of the event in the 'Location' field. This can be a room number, a building name, or even a city.
- Details: Add information about the event, including a description and presenter information in the 'Details' field.
- Target Audience: Select 'NSDL Community' as the top level term.
- If this event is for a specific sub-community, such as 'Pathways' select that term from the secondary list.
- Event Type: Select 'Annual Meeting' as the top level term.
- If this is a general session, such as a plenary or meal, select 'General' from the secondary list.
- If this is a computer lab, workshop, presentation or panel, select the corresponding term from the secondary list.
- Click save.
We want to maintain some of the default naming conventions, which is why we save the event prior to changing the URL.
To Adjust the URL Alias
- While viewing the event, click the 'Edit' tab link
- Scroll to the bottom of the page until you get to the 'URL path settings' section.
- Deselect 'Automatic alias.'
- Change the URL to 'annual_meeting/calendar/ID-NUM/EVENT-NAME
- For example
- if the default URL was: content/calendar-event/620/open-plenary-session
- change the URL to: annual_meeting/calendar/620/open-plenary-session
- Click save.
Your event should now use the Annual Meeting Theme when viewing the event.